Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My topic and essential question

So today I had a nice little chat with Mrs. Savido. We talked about how hard it was going to be to find information on my essential question of: What age should kids start training for hockey so they can play at the highest level of play? (AA, AAA, Juniors, College D1, Professionally)? After that she brought up that she talked to a few of the other facility members on my floor about it, and they came up with a few ideas with me to think about. One of these ideas was How does a winning professional hockey team effect the growth of youth involvement in that city, and the complexes to promote the game? I know very little about this topic, so I decide to switch my essential question to this question. With this as an essential question, she asked me what rink I play at, and all of the ice rinks that I travel to around the area of Pittsburgh, and further out. Then we started to get into the question of how does it effect the youth in the area (the Pens and how they are winning)?

So with these, she said I still have the start to everything (with the training, and the keywords). Now I just have to take it a step further and find out information on how winning professional teams effect youth involvement in the sport.


Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment